Crypto.com Review 2021
Pros of Crypto.com
- Large range of coins
- Low fees to trade with
- Great interest rates
Cons of Crypto.com
- Withdrawal fees
- User doesn’t control wallet key
- Earn lockup period
Affiliate Disclosure: We earn a small commission from referrals to Crypto.com for this article if you sign up using one of our links. We provide unbiased and honest opinion in this Crypto.com review 2021.
The Crypto.com platform essentially allows any user to store, transfer and exchange different cryptocurrencies with local or FIAT currencies. It represents itself as an affordable, all-in-one platform that gives you benefits through its Visa Card as well as CRO coin. However, even without the CRO bonuses, it is still one of the best, low-fee crypto exchanges out there.
It is essentially a global, digital asset service that offers a wide range of products on a beginner-friendly mobile application, and features its own exchange to allow its customers to trade a variety of different digital assets on a secure platform through the usage of its own web interface.
One of the main services it offers is its simple-to-use and understand mobile app where you can buy and sell over 100 coins at their true cost. The app is developed to be suitable for all individuals, no matter their experience level and is fully optimized to run on Android as well as iOS devices.
New users in this app can receive zero-trading fees for up to 30 days when using a credit or debit card to purchase their cryptocurrencies and users can send crypto to other users without any fees, or exchange crypto to crypto with zero trading fees. Note that this is only available for users who pass KYC (Know Your Customer) verification.
|Staking 5000 CRO|
|LEVEL||30D TRADING VOLUME (USD)||MAKER||TAKER||DISCOUNTED MAKER/TAKER|
|Level 1||$0 – $25,000||0.40%||0.40%||0.360% 0.360%|
|Level 2||$25,001 – $50,000||0.35%||0.35%||0.315% 0.315%|
|Level 3||$50,001 – $100,000||0.15%||0.25%||0.135% 0.225%|
|Level 4||$100,001 – $250,000||0.15%||0.16%||0.090% 0.144%|
|Level 5||$250,001 – $1,000,000||0.09%||0.15%||0.081% 0.135%|
|Level 6||$1,000,001 – $20,000,000||0.8%||0.14%||0.072% 0.126%|
|Level 7||$20,000,001 – $100,000,000||0.7%||0.13%||0.063% 0.117%|
|Level 8||$100,000,001 – $200,000,000||0.6%||0.12%||0.054% 0.108%|
|Level 9||$200,000,001 and above||0.4%||0.10%%||0.036% 0.090%|
Aside from the app, you have:
Metal Visa Cards
Crypto.com NFT – The NFT option allows you to purchase NFTs
Crypto.com Pay – With Crypto.com Pay, you can shop with crypto at online retailers that support it
Crypto.com Earn – Crypto.com Earn allows you to earn up to 8.5% on your crypto and up to 14% p.a. for stablecoins
Crypto.com Credit – Last but not least, Crypto.com credit lets you borrow up to 50% of your crypto collateral
The Crypto.com Visa Card
The crypto.com rewards visa card allows cardmembers to earn cashback in the form of CRO rewards. These CRO rewards are the crypto.com native token that can be traded on the platform into other digital coins or even FIAT currency. Keep in mind that this is not just a single card, but a series of cards, all of which have their own levels, which is dependent on how much you stake. The more you stake, the more benefits as well as perks you can unlock.
|Obsidian||Frosted Rose Gold & Icy White||Royal Indigo & Jade Green||Ruby Steel||Midnight Blue|
|CRO STAKE (USD)||$400,000||$40,000||$4,000||$400||$0|
The Crypto.com Coin (CRO)
The Crypto.com coin (CRO) is the native token on the Crypto.com chain. The Chain was created in an attempt to build a network of cryptocurrency projects as well as develop the ability of merchants to accept cryptocurrencies as a form of payment. The Crypto.com chain is a high-performing native blockchain solution that makes transactions flow between crypto users as well as merchants accepting crypto as a payment process cost-efficient and secure.
CRO essentially powers the overall Crypto.com ecosystem, across payment, trading, and financial services.
- You can stake CRO as a validator on the Crypto.com chain and earn fees on the network.
- You can receive token rewards for selected token listings on the app based on the CRO token staked on the app.
- You can stake CRO and earn 10% p.a. on the exchange, and even get discounted trading fees when staking and paying with CRO.
Opening an Account on Crypto.com
To create an account, you’ll need to:
- Go to crypto.com/exchange and select the Sign-Up button located on the upper-right corner of the screen. If you already have a Crypto.com account, you can click on continue as a crypto.com app user. If you do not have an account, you can create one here.
- You will need to enter your first name, last name, date of birth, nationality, email, password, optional referral code and agree to the terms of the Crypto.com privacy notice and Crypto.com exchange terms and conditions.
- Once you click on submit, a confirmation email will be sent to your email address. Once you are in your inbox, simply confirm your account and you will be done. However, depending on the information you have provided, you will be required to verify your account further. Note that verifying your account on the Exchange will also verify your account on the App.
- This is done through KYC compliance, and to do so, you will need to navigate to your profile on the upper-right corner of the screen, where under the account tab you will see an option to upgrade your account. The verification process requires three steps, including personal info, ID verification, and a selfie.
If you are looking for a low-fee cryptocurrency exchange and want to purchase cryptocurrencies with FIAT currencies using an easy-to-understand interface and app, and generally just want to get into the world of crypto investing, Crypto.com offers something for just about anybody.
NFT collectors can find their favorite NFTs, you can earn up to 14% interest on your coins, or get an instant loan without any deadlines. If you’re an experienced trader, you can also get access to advanced trading such as margin and derivatives trading. Crypto.com has something for anyone and it offers a worthwhile product as well as service.